[Osmf-talk] Notes & Bing Imagery

Laposte moine972 at laposte.net
Sat Dec 7 21:04:17 UTC 2013

Le 07/12/2013 10:37, Oleksiy Muzalyev a écrit :
> Hi Pierre,
>
> Thank you for the information.

You can see more result from IOM and C-OSM.HA team,

>From IOM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23KlWXOmZhJLU5fY3JJd1B5VFU/edit?usp=sharing

And the Mapping party over Onaville North of Haiti, done by COSMHA
(COSMHA Report in French)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23KlWXOmZhJdzJGczJUU24xWlk/edit?usp=sharing

In 2014 COSMHA will be able to make their own mission after several
training and mission in the field with IOM and Drones adventure.

> I could distinguish some people and cars on this aerial imagery from the
> elevation of 150 meters, but they are completely unrecognizable.
>
> I guess from the approx. 100 meters altitude, recommended by
> regulations, it will be about the same. It is important for privacy.
>
> I watched the video on the web-page and noticed that during these six
> days there were clouds and wind (moving tree branches) in Haiti. The
> team arrived for the six days visit and had to fly no matter what.
>
> Still the quality of the imagery is amazing. I tried to map with it,
> mapped a soccer pitch near Minustah Camp
> http://osm.org/go/YeQzpQehl--?m= , which is on the Drone imagery, but
> not on satellite's.
>
> Haiti is a particular case, as there is a lot of destruction in urban
> areas. It would be interesting to create a similar test project in an
> usual city.

> Even if during one flight we take only 1 - 10 square kilometers of
> imagery, the area of an average city is 200 - 300 square kilometers. So
> it is hard, but doable.

It important sometime to focus on one area, to catch the urban expansion.

> And we can weight for a calm sunny day for flying. I mean there will be
> less vibration of the drone camera on a quiet day, so the quality of
> photos will be better, and the risk of a crash is less.

For me the risk of crash is due mainly to an human error.

> I understand that the aerial imagery layer created in this way could be
> copyrighted © OpenStreetMap contributors, as the map itself, and shown
> to map users.
>
> Not only for adding notes, but even if someone wants to see an aerial
> view of a certain place. There could be a button on the map - switch to
> aerial view.
>
> The imagery for the whole city could be created once, and then only
> districts, where there are changes, like construction of new buildings,
> roads, etc. are updated.

All the best FredM