[Osmf-talk] Losing faith

Martin Koppenhöfer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:51:55 UTC 2013

Am 16.01.2013 um 09:27 schrieb Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:

> The project has evolved, and is carried by the work of very many people; the amount of work, time, blood, sweat, toil that Steve has invested in OSM is certainly commendable but far surpassed by the work that tens of thousands of others have done in the mean time.

+1

> I don't see why Steve should get preferential treatment.
>
> That CWG wants their tweets created by a group and in a reviewed process is good; it makes it less likely to publish rash reactions and off-the-cuff remarks that one might regret later.

CWG does a great job with the twitter account, but for me it would be OK to grant Steve some "preferential treatment" in respect to it. I find Mikel's solution appealing, where the author would be recognizable. It is true that OSM evolved and that there is a huge community, but here it's just twitter ;-)
(I doubt that some tweets from the founder in "the official twitter channel", might they even be weird, would harm the project, or that he would do stuff like changing the password of the account)

cheers,
Martin