[Osmf-talk] Upcoming Special General Meeting Opinions?

Kathleen Danielson kathleen.danielson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 11:56:29 UTC 2014

All,

As other board members have shared their personal views, I'll follow suit.

I do not believe that the three proposed resolutions are in the best
interest of the OSMF as an organization or OSM as a project. In particular,
I disagree with the Ordinary Resolution which calls for another general
meeting and election to be held.

I'm saying this even though I initially supported these resolutions when
they were first put forward, and even though none of the proposals would
have an immediate effect on my position on the board. I believe I was wrong
then, and having now gained more context I don't think this is the best way
to solve the problems that we have seen with the board. We need to solve
these issues, absolutely, but I believe these proposals were put forward in
a way that capitalized on the frustrations that many of us (myself
included) were feeling with the discourse we were seeing on these mailing
lists, in order to push forward a specific action removing certain people
from the board. Perhaps that's an inaccurate reading of the situation, but
that's how I have come to interpret it over the last month or so.

I don't think that enacting these resolutions as they are currently written
will improve the OSMF, and I particularly disagree with the call for
another general meeting and election.

We've been essentially paralyzed for the past month because of these
resolutions, and voting in the ordinary resolution will keep us as a "lame
duck" board for at least 6 more weeks. Let us do the job you elected us to
do.

Kind regards,
Kathleen