[Osmf-talk] Upcoming Special General Meeting Opinions?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Dec 3 18:14:49 UTC 2014

Am 03.12.2014 18:21, schrieb Jaak Laineste (Nutiteq):

> Yes, sorry for confusion. I did not meant he countries you mention. I
> thought it is obvious that I meant another semi-European country which
> has nominal 2-term limit, but no reset. So they have a guy who is
> nominally resigning after 8 years, then points a puppet for one term,
> and then comes back for another 8 years enjoying 100% population
> support, no opposition (who is in prison, murdered or fleed the
> country), despite of not doing any good for his country: economic
> regression, political repressions, military actions (wars) with
> neighbor countries etc.

I actually coined a specific expression for this discussing the proposed
articles with some colleagues (which I will not repeat here), it is
however one of the reasons that I added SR2 as a separate resolution.
You could argue that not allowing board members to serve once they have
hit their term limit would avoid the issue,  on the other hand, if you
have a puppet, it is not really necessary to take turns in the first place.

Simon