[Osmf-talk] Handling OSMF finances going forward

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Nov 2 00:02:21 UTC 2014

Hi Andy

Frederik was referring to a statement by me with respect to when the
OSMF makes its annual accounts available to it members (there is no
requirement for approval as you say).

At least for the last two years and very likely in the years before it
has filed its accounts with companies house some time before the end of
May and made the accounts available to its members at some point in time
later, typically shortly before SOTM.

This is however slightly at odds with the relevant legislation see
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/section/424

Now IMHO this is not a big issue, however it is just a reason more not
to have the annual GM at SOTM and get it over with some time nearer the
end of the financial year.

Simon