[Osmf-talk] OSMF Members Request for a General Meeting

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 00:35:26 UTC 2014

Thanks Johan and Gregory, good points.

It would be good to see how the proposed resolutions would affect all current Board members, and those that have recently stepped down.
Some things are unclear. For instance, if a Board member serves less than 4 years, then steps down from the Board, how is the term limit calculating if they run again?

To be clear, I'm against this request for a General Meeting, and will vote against all resolutions should they come up for a vote. It's not that I disagree with some of the ideas here. I do think there should be term limits. However, this doesn't accomplish much in terms of correcting OSMF governance issues.

More importantly, we should give this new Board a chance. Despite the rancor on the list in the run up to the election, they are now certainly aware of the issues, and know that the membership is aware as well. I believe a mandate has been set for this Board to address governance and communication issues. Another election in a short time dooms OSMF to no progress in the next six months, just eats up energy. Let the Board convene, and especially meet in person with facilitation, and see where we get. If there is no progress in 6 months time, then yes, let's take extraordinary measures and call a General Meeting at that point.

-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron