[Osmf-talk] OSMF Members Request for a General Meeting

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Wed Nov 12 02:07:22 UTC 2014

On 12.11.2014 01:35, Mikel Maron wrote:
> It would be good to see how the proposed resolutions would affect all
> current Board members, and those that have recently stepped down.
One question close to this: does the proposed term limit get valid
immediately (=> board members have to resign or is there a kind of a
transition period so that the board members are not allowed to candidate
again after their current term has ended?

Just a personal opinion: I think a time limit makes sense, also the
timeframe of 4 years seems to be OK in a time with the fast changes of
modern techonologies. Regarding the taking effect (immediately vs.
later) both are OK to me. So I second that resolution in opposite to
Mikel. Maybe a transition periode could be a compromise...

Best regards,
Michael.