[Osmf-talk] OSMF Members Request for a General Meeting

Kathleen Danielson kathleen.danielson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 07:25:44 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Steve Coast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> Supporting shorter term limits, which I do, isn’t the same thing as
> "remove all the people Simon dislikes in a few weeks”.
>
> For example, members could be allowed to finish their terms. For example,
> it could be staggered in. For example, it could be done at the end of this
> board term.
>
> Instead, we have a fairly transparent effort to remove a bunch of good
> people.
>
> What I’d love the board to focus on is how to get new members, build new
> things, meet face to face or any number of other good things. Instead
> everything is on hold pending this nonsense. Or maybe that’s the point, so
> you can run again once they’ve been removed?

 On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 5:29 AM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

Under what you support, the logical votes would be yes on SR1 and no on the
> ordinary resolution.

This is, by the way, how I expect to be voting. (I will write a separate
email to the membership detailing my personal views in a few days).

Steve, you are copied on all board communications. You know perfectly well
that in addition to talking through the logistics of this member request,
we have been working on other things, including discussing how to have a
F2F meeting as soon as possible. In addition, you also know that we have
explicitly established the schedule that we did so that others would have
an opportunity to influence the agenda of the December 7 GM.

I have to recommend that you take Frederik's advice:

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 2:27 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> You proposed your ideas to the membership in great detail and they were
> rejected by a relatively large margin. It was a fair fight. You didn't
> win, but there were a good 30 people who fully supported your ideas;
> that is enough of a quota to go through the same process that Simon has
> invoked here. If you think that the board should do something
> differently, or that the AoA should be changed, or whatnot, the exact
> same process is open to you. Find 5% of members to support you, and you
> can call for a GM to decide on any resolutions you might want to put up.

If you take action on this in the next few days (prior to November 22), you
can add agenda items to the coming GM, and then the membership will vote on
them. While the mailing lists are an important place for public discourse,
we have even more productive mechanisms at our disposal.