[Osmf-talk] OSMF now also part of the OSM-forum

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:49:12 UTC 2014

> I support such a forum because I think it is a shame that out of 500.000+
> mappers only 500+ people are willing to join the OSMF, and that is mainly
> because almost NO ONE in the world does know what OSMF is doing or is
> trying to do.

but now this will have an end, because we have a forum section for OSMF.

> Therefore I welcome every way to improve communication and information
> between OSMF members and non OSMF members in order to get more members.

I thought this was intended for OSMF members to communicate with other OSMF
members. Now potential discussions can happen in 2 places, the ML and the
forum, and members will either miss a part or will have to follow both.

If you prefer forums, you can have the ML in a forum style here:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/
(switch to threaded view)

> And speaking about mailing lists: I became  a member only this year and
> never received ANY serious message through the mailing list before it
> exploded because of board vs. osmf members discussions two months ago as we
> all are very well aware of.

the only difference with a forum would have been, that you would have maybe
seen a few very old posts (as not much had happened, like you observed
yourself).

cheers,
Martin