[Osmf-talk] OSMF now also part of the OSM-forum

Jonathan Harley jon at spiffymap.net
Wed Nov 19 13:02:11 UTC 2014

>     And speaking about mailing lists: I became  a member only this
>     year and never received ANY serious message through the mailing
>     list before it exploded because of board vs. osmf members
>     discussions two months ago as we all are very well aware of.
>

> the only difference with a forum would have been, that you would have
> maybe seen a few very old posts (as not much had happened, like you
> observed yourself).

Well, no - the difference with forums is that when they go quiet for
several months, everyone stops visiting them, so most people never
notice a new discussion going on, and so it dies out again much more
quickly.

Forums require a critical mass to keep going, mailing lists don't.

Jonathan.

--
Dr Jonathan Harley   :    Managing Director    :   SpiffyMap Ltd

jon at spiffymap.net     mobile: 07590 024028     www.spiffymap.com
The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry CV4 7EZ, UK