[Osmf-talk] OSMF now also part of the OSM-forum

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 23:03:54 UTC 2014

Hello Marc,

I have no doubt that the Dutch Users Forum is very lively but it is meant
as a place where people go and ask questions I suspect. Since the audience
of OSMF talk is way more limited, I fail to see how you can keep that
lively in the first place. I mean when you look at the email around, you
will see that only a subset of people are interacting in the first place
(whether it is good or not is a different topic altogether and one could
argue that voting is in itself a participation).

That said, I have no intention of checking on a daily basis a semi
quiescent place when I can get emails when there are actually real things
happening. It is also duplicating the channel of communication and it is
very hard to follow a discussion considering the well known separation
between people liking email and people preferring forums.

I understand that many find the volume of emails to be annoying but then
again I find the volume on OSMF-talk to be very reasonable in the first
place but then again I received thousands of email per day both from at the
office and at home (lots of mailing list).

However, thank you for your initiative and trying to get more involved with
OSMF because it is something that is really needed in the first place. More
communication is better and we may want to consider how we can engage more
effectively with the foundation in the first place.

Emilie Laffray