[Osmf-talk] 2014 AGM AoA revision

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 12:10:48 UTC 2014

On 1 October 2014 12:44, Simon Poole <simon at osmfoundation.org> wrote:

> As announced earlier the board will be proposing (note that no
> resolution to such an effect has been passed yet) some further minor
> changes to the articles of association at this years AGM.
>
> Please find an amended version of the articles here:
> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Proposed_revised_articles_2014
>
> The changes are limited to paragraphs 31, 35 and 85. New text is bold,
> deleted text is struck out.

The first two are fairly self-explanatory, but not the last.

Digging through emails, I found a link to
http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Issues_with_the_current_Articles
which clarifies that the article numbers are incorrect. However, the
proposal here doesn't fix them, but simply removes them entirely.
Furthermore, the first one (273) is only for public companies, so it's
not clear what's going on -  what was the thinking behind the original
intention to include 273 (and 274) in the first place, and given that
original intention, what's the thinking behind removing the
requirements now? I think this information would need to be provided
at the vote.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/section/273
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/section/274

As an aside, "the Act" appears in the AoA without definition, whereas
the definition of "Companies Acts" is unused anywhere in the AoA :-)

Cheers,
Andy