[Osmf-talk] Affirmative Action and Board Elections

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Oct 2 13:37:20 UTC 2014

I think an article series on OSMers that don't fit the clichés would be
a very good idea (and totally in line with the point about the image of
OSM that we are conveying to the outside that I made earlier).

We just have to be careful that we are not preaching to the choir, the
image of the week, our blogs and so on, don't reach out in any
reasonable sense of the word to people that are not already active in
OSM or related areas.

If I look back over this year, we do know that presenting OSM to new
groups, presenting new arguments and not reinforcing the same old images
works and will have a noticeable effect on interest in OSM. Be it Serges
blog posts early this year or the media coverage we got in Poland a
month or so back.

Now this is deep in CWG territory so I'll shut up now.

Simon