[Osmf-talk] Reaching out and diversity (Was: Re: AGM and board elections)

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Fri Oct 3 08:01:43 UTC 2014

Hi Rory,

There are countries where it is illegal [1]. There are also countries
where alcohol is illegal [2] (/Bar, Beer Garden, Pub/, etc. tags).

In both cases it is possible to customize JOSM presets on your computer
[3], especially on an ultra-book which one carries across borders.

I do it very simply (and probably incorrectly). I save the XML file of
default presets [4] on my computer, remove corresponding blocks from
this XML file, and point to this updated by me XML file in JOSM's
/Presets Preferences/. Done. Both icons and text lines disappear from
menus. It takes less than a minute.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_by_country
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_alcohol_prohibition
[3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Customising_JOSM_Presets