[Osmf-talk] Reaching out and diversity (Was: Re: AGM and board elections)

Jaak Laineste (Nutiteq) jaak at nutiteq.com
Fri Oct 3 08:42:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

Two points:

1. is the closed osmf member list really best place to discuss such things?

2. culturally sensitive grown-up person would avoid to add any questionable tags to the default preset lists. It may be ok for you and me, or even useful to some brothel-fan mapper - they can add it locally. But lets consider also many people (e.g. teachers etc) from any more conservative country (which is over 50% of countries) who are studying JOSM and see such “strong word”. For me it seems that some people think that it is funny to add and keep such presets to the UI, but in fact it is not. Yes, some tags can be subject to discussions, but these adult-oriented tags are obviously not necessary nor nice. Or do you really want to scare off all school teachers from OSM?

Jaak