[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] Modus operandi of the board

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 12:05:13 UTC 2014

On 22 October 2014 12:53, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
> Andy,
>
> because they are two years old and there is a formal procedure to
> present accounts to the owners of the company at the GM at which asking
> questions is to the benefit of all and could potentially have some
> consequences, -that has already happened-. Once that opportunity has
> passed, well it has passed.

Asking for explanations now is not of zero benefit, and of course
spreading understanding how the OSMF financials work has - hopefully -
positive consequences for the future.

> You further completely ignore that I actually -answered- Martins
> questions and did not snub him at all, it is simply an academic exercise
> at this point in time.

No, you answered his questions *and then* chastised him for having
asked them. I did not "ignore" your answers, I am simply shocked that
you chastised him at all.

To justify this with "they are two years old" is double insulting,
since the OSMF has provided ZERO more recent information on
financials, either publicly or even to its own Management Team and
Working Groups. The discussion here is not some sort of historical (or
as you say "academic") exercise - it is the members of this
organisation discussing the most recent available information.

I would suggest that the Board instead provides better financial
information, and that the Board starts welcoming discussion instead of
trying to shut it down.

Thanks,
Andy