[Osmf-talk] Running

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 16:00:04 UTC 2014

On 23 October 2014 15:57,  <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> I left a few years ago because I thought I was part of the problem and was
> holding things back. It doesn't look like that was entirely the case. Since
> approximately then I've got married and had kids and see things in a
> different light.

Hi Steve,

Great to see your renewed interest in OSMF, and I hope indeed that you
can push things forward.

As Chairman Emeritus, you're almost on the Board already. As far as I
understand you can participate in all discussions and attend all the
Board meetings, with (I think) only voting on formal resolutions being
unavailable to you. I would hope the formal votes - and tied votes
where your missing vote would be noticed - are reasonably rare events!

Given that, I'm concerned that if you stand, that uses up one of the
two openings this year, which greatly reduces the opportunity for
change by election of new faces. Would it not be better to leave the
two spaces open for other candidates, while renewing your
contributions to the board as Chairman Emeritus instead?

Thanks,
Andy