[Osmf-talk] The role of face-to-face meetings in the future of the OSMF board

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Oct 28 14:02:10 UTC 2014

Hi Frederik,

Maybe HOT's most recent in person board meeting would provide an adequate
budget reference. We have a board of 7 people based in North America,
Europe, South America and Africa. The budget for the meeting was $8,200 USD
and was held in Washington DC. One of the reasons for the location that was
picked was a board member already lived there and HOT rents a desk at the
OpenGov Hub which gives us free access to a variety of conference and event
rooms. Our facilitator costs were minimal because we worked with a
facilitator that donated their time and we just paid their travel costs.
Housing was a large apartment that was rented through AirBnB to minimize
that cost. We did offer childcare to those board members with small
children, but they ended up not taking HOT up on the offer.

Best,

-Kate