[Osmf-talk] Tasking manager

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Mon Nov 30 11:18:04 UTC 2015

On Monday 30 November 2015, Rod Bera wrote:

> I suggest that OSMF takes charge of the TM for the Tasking Manager to
> genuinely become the OSM Tasking Manager.

Actually it seems to be the underlying software is called "OSM Tasking
Manager":

https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2

which seems to be a perfectly fine choice of name for this kind of tool.

There are other instances of the tool like on http://tasks.poole.ch/ and
on http://tasks.openstreetmap.us/ with the same title.  Now
tasks.hotosm.org certainly is not very good at explaining to the
uninformed visitor the relations between HOT, OSM, the software and the
instance of this software running there but this is nothing that
requires the OSMF to intervene i think.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/