[Osmf-talk] Tasking manager

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:14:04 UTC 2015

> But
> obviously HOT can set up any rules it wants for access to services that
> it runs.

it depends. They are called the "humanitarian openstreetmap team", so they
are operating / using OSMFs trademark "OpenStreetMap", likely with
permission by the OSMF (I don't recall to have heard about it, but I am
quite sure something has been written down?). I guess OSMF would redraw the
permission to use this trademark as part of the organisation name if there
was a serious reason to do so (this is completely theoretical, not based on
any facts or anything that occured or seems that it could occur).

If OSMF hasn't formalized the permission for HOT to use the OSM trademark,
maybe they should do now? AFAIK if you don't defend your trademark it can
become void.

Cheers,
Martin