[Osmf-talk] The Foundation of Buildings for International Organizations (FIPOI)

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Mon Oct 12 12:53:03 UTC 2015

Good afternoon,

I once suggested already to move the OSM and OSMF to a building or an
office in The Republic and Canton of Geneva. The proposal was rejected.
The main objection was that a rent or a purchase would be too expensive.

I continued to research on this subject and learned about the The
Foundation of Buildings for International Organizations (FIPOI):
http://www.fipoi.ch/en . This organizations provides numerous services
to assist organizations to establish an office in Geneva.

For example, /

- in the framework of the State Host Act (Swiss Confederation and Canton
of Geneva), the FIPOI contributes to financing the buildings of
international intergovernmental Organisations and, exceptionally, the
NGOs in Geneva by providing interest-free loans repayable in 50 years./

/- makes the land necessary for constructions with free surface rights
available to the organisation directly, or through the FIPOI, for a
duration of 50 years.

etc.
/
I also owns and continues to construct numerous edifices and premises.

Geneva is the European headquarters of the United Nations, the primary
seat of several of its specialized and affiliated agencies. Swiss
neutrality is recognized internationally. All that makes it a good place
for a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the entire
world.

With best regards,
Oleksiy (Alex-7)