[Osmf-talk] Draft New Corporate Membership Tiers

Tim Waters chippy2005 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 13:30:56 UTC 2016

Hello,

In the Silver tier, members get a ticket to a business workshop, and
in higher tiers they get tickets to a conference.

Would the workshop be within the business conference, or is it meant
to be the same thing?

Is the business conference envisaged as being the business day at a
SOTM, and as such also available for members of the public, or would
it be private?

Regarding the Legal Counsel - if corporate members pay for this
service, would there be an expectation on the foundation to provide
this as a perk or a paid service (e.g. 24 hours turnaround on an
email, 1 telephone call per month etc). If so, is it imagined that
there would be limits to both working group volunteers and how much
money the foundation pays the lawyers. Do we think that it would
increase or decrease the load on working group members if they have to
answer more corporate legal queries, and have the expectation to
deliver a quality level of product? Thinking further, could we have a
situation where volunteers get income from the Foundation from
answering corporate members enquiries?

If it's not imagined to be a paid service, but rather, an additional
feature of the Foundation, should it be available to non corporate
members of the Foundation? As I'm sure many normal members would also
like to be able to formally clarify one or two questions from time to
time.

Tim