[Osmf-talk] Draft New Corporate Membership Tiers

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Apr 28 22:01:31 UTC 2016

>> Il giorno 28 apr 2016, alle ore 21:12, Oleksiy Muzalyev <oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch> ha scritto:
>>
>> By the way, the platinum has been significantly cheaper than gold since 2015 [1]. The price of gold is 1265 USD per ounce [2] today, and the the price of platinum is 1053 USD per ounce [3]. Still the Platinum corporate membership is twice more expensive than the Gold tier [4].
>

> interesting considerations. We could specify that the platinum is about the (stable) platinum-190 isotope, which is very, very rare. One troy ounce would be 1billion usd [1], but from the noble metals I find Osmium more suitable for our context, price is around 380 usd / oz. [2]

In my opinion, Gold should be the highest tier. It is not only more
expensive than Platinum, gold has got a cultural significance. The
history of humanity is the history of gold. Even the Curiosity Rover was
landed at a streambed on the Martian surface, as gold is found mostly
along rivers in the form of flecks and sometimes of nuggets.

It is hard to recognize platinum or osmium by sight, but gold is
immediately recognizable by everyone. I do some recreational gold
panning, and often the newbie prospectors are asking repeatedly: "Is it
gold?" while pointing at yellowish grains of sand. The answer is: "When
you see gold, you know that it is gold." It works invariably.

Silver is also a noble metal with historical and cultural significance.
In French language the word silver (fr. argent) means also money.

Diamonds have got a weakness. Diamonds and other precious stones can be
produced artificially. So a Diamond is not ideal title for a highest
tier either.

brgds
Oleksiy