[Osmf-talk] Corporate Membership update

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Jul 1 19:33:01 UTC 2016

Thanks for reopening the discussion.

I think it is a good idea to be specific about what kind of corporate
OSM users should apply for which package.  To me an entry package for
EUR 1500 seems rather steep though.  What if someone uses OSM in
business, it is helpful, and maybe loosing it would even severely
affect business but still EUR 1500 per year would way exceed all these
benefits and is not justifiable for the business?  This is going to be
fairly rare in western Europe and the US but worldwide i can easily
imagine hundreds, maybe thousands of companies where this applies.  I
think you need to consider what message you send to such a company with
such a price structure.

I know this is called "Corporate Membership" so formally it simply won't
apply to most of the companies i have in mind here but since there is
no separate membership program for small and medium enterprises that
are not corporations i think this is still a valid concern.

"Advisory board access" needs explanation.

> Based on the feedback on this list, and some more discussion within
> the board, we have a revised version of the proposed Corporate
> Membership tiers, which we put on a public-writable document:

In case you have not seen this i made some further suggestions on the
matter of financial support from companies in a mail in the "Budget for
2016" thread:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2016-May/003822.html

--
Christoph Hormann