[Osmf-talk] May 2017 use of Code Of Conduct (CoC) for Membership control in HOT US Inc internal governance

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Sat Dec 2 19:14:20 UTC 2017

On Saturday 02 December 2017, Blake Girardot wrote:

> I thought I sort of explained that:
>
> In HOT's CoC Nico would make a complaint and the folks who are part
> of the community committee that have agreed to review CoC complaints,
> 7 people who are hot voting members who volunteered to review coc
> complaints, would read his complaint and decide if what he was
> complaining about violated the HOT CoC or not.
>
> [...]

I am sorry for the misunderstanding - the formal procedure was already
clear to me, after all this is publicly documented quite well.  And
this has no bearing on the OSMF anyway so this is somewhat off-topic
here.  What i am really interested in is what constitutes a violation
of the various terms of the CoC and how i - as a community member,
possibly with a very different cultural background than those who have
written the CoC, speaking a different language, can assess if my
communication or the communication of someone else is in line with or
in violation of certain terms of the CoC.

Since discussing this in a purely abstract way is difficult i tried to
use a specific example.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/