[Osmf-talk] Proposal - OSMF Should **NOT** Adopt a Code of Conduct

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 23:31:19 UTC 2017

Hi Stefan,

Again, I said that I didn't think your email was in violation of a
potential CoC, I said that it would potentially have a chilling effect.

In my opinion, the mistake you've made is to take a post about the
atmosphere of a mailing list and to think that this is the sort of thing
that would be subject to a CoC procedure.

The original question was "Some people feel frightened to participate in
mailing lists?"

And Emily answered "yes": Pressing someone to explain their feelings,
whilst asking them for specifics that we'd apply a hypothetical CoC to, is
not encouraging participation.

Cheers, Joseph