[Osmf-talk] Proposal - OSMF Should Adopt a Code of Conduct

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Mon Dec 4 00:18:43 UTC 2017

On Monday 04 December 2017, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:

> The OSM Carto project (which maintains the base OSM tile layer style)
> already has a Community Code of Conduct in place.[1] The pull
> request[2] that introduced this particular CoC has none of the
> skepticism, doubts, and fears that other people on this (OSMF)
> mailing list have put forward regarding having a CoC. It seems to me
> that the maintainers did not think twice that having a CoC is needed
> or that it is unnecessary.

For clarification:

OSM-Carto is an independent development project under the personal
github account of Andy Allan and not in any way under control or
responsibility of the OSMF.  There is no requirement to accept or
acknowledge the Code of Conduct - not even for maintainers (you have to
sign up on github to interact with the project and when doing that
agree to their TOS of course).  There has been (to my knowledge) no
case of complaint about anyone w.r.t. the Code of Conduct and there is
no procedure for handling such complaints.

If you try to ask a random contributor on OSM-Carto if they have read
the CoC i don't like your chances...

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/