[Osmf-talk] Proposal - OSMF Should **NOT** Adopt a Code of Conduct

Leslie Zolman lzolman1 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 01:01:49 UTC 2017

I have been part of OSM since 2010 and on this list for many years.  I support and promote OSM and am heavy involved with GISCorps but I do not do a lot of mapping.  Because of this I usually do not get involved in long hot discussions such as CoC.  But looking at the emails there are a handful of people posting and most of the membership is silent, which is not unusual.  It would be amazing for this list to be an open community where everyone was welcome and opinions could be shared.  Where people were encouraged to map and engage with the community and even people like me feel invited to join.
Many of the pointed remarks are very hurtful and I believe on an international list that all parties involved should be aware of what cultural differences exist and act appropriately.  I think this is basic respect and working with nationalities all over the world on volunteer GIS projects this is the only list that makes me cringe at some of the postings.
Let's be a community that makes the map better and improves lives.
 LeslieZ