[Osmf-talk] Candidate response: multiple threads

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 06:56:49 UTC 2017

HI John and OSMF,

There are many types of leaders. A board should have a number of core
skills - technology, governance, finance, fundraising, organizational
development. and management. A successful board finds a way to build on
each other's skills and weaknesses. Meaning - I know that fellow candidates
and existing board members have some of the skills I don't. This is a good
thing. The questions on the wiki that fellow candidates and I answered
cover this well.

Some of the other skills include - communication, coordination,
consultation, negotiation, leadership

My favourite leadership book of late is:
https://www.redhat.com/en/explore/the-open-organization-book and
https://opensource.com/open-organization/resources/leaders-manual

 "*The Open Organization Leaders Manual* is a handbook for anyone
attempting to harness the power of openness to lead teams that are more
transparent, agile, collaborative, and mission-driven."

OSMF is full of these people. How might we grow engagement and mentor more
leaders? My fellow candidates, myself and others in person, on the wiki and
on this list have these conversations. The key is the 'conversion' to
'co-create intentional, iterative action'

Heather

Heather Leson
heatherleson at gmail.com
Twitter/skype: HeatherLeson