[Osmf-talk] wish list to osmf board

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Tue Dec 5 13:34:29 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 05 December 2017, Christine Karch wrote:

> I hope the OSMF board members see their work at the board as a kind
> of service for the community. There is a lot of work to do. I don't
> wish or need any kind of leadership from the OSMF board.

Yes, i think that is a good call to any current and potential future
OSMF board members.

The term "leadership" might be open to interpretation but at some level
the idea behind it always means in a way some people lead and others
follow.  For OSM i would say the OSM community leading and the OSMF
board following should be the norm and not the other way round.  For
that compassion, good judgement, the ability to listen and to weigh
different views and perspectives and above all a solid connection to
the base of the OSM community (the mappers) are what counts.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/