[Osmf-talk] Orwell was right

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.org
Fri Dec 8 18:50:59 UTC 2017

Le 08/12/2017 à 00:00, Ian Dees a écrit :
> I agree wholeheartedly, Dan. I really hope we can get back to talking
> about OpenStreetMap on this list instead of rehashing old conspiracy
> theories.

“Conspiracy theories”? How do you know the elements described aren’t true?

Is it because they are reported by some foreigners, who don’t know the
right codes to look convincing to you?

You may not care about the past actions of one of the candidates, even
though they show that her discourse about OSM shouldn’t be blindly
trusted. Other members of the OSMF do not have the same perceptions than
you, and i have received thanks off list.

I find that analogies help me to better understand things. You don’t
have to read me if you don’t like or don’t understand what i write.
There are some people, such as Christoph on this list, or Voltaire, who
wanted even things they didn’t agree with to be expressed.

Just think (or read if needed) about the effect that analogous reactions
(“it can’t be true”, “it’s unpleasant to hear about such things”, “it’s
only irrelevant old stories”, etc…) have had on the long kept silence
about sexual harassment, an issue on which things changed only very
recently due to a combination of circumstances, and the courage of a person.

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem