[Osmf-talk] There are no HOT board positions. Request for a productive relationship (was: Orwell was right)

Miriam Mapanauta mapanauta at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 00:11:22 UTC 2017

Hi OSM team,

I said team because I believe what it is relevant for all the people who
has been involved in the discussions is to keep having a great OSM global
project.  Unfortunately, I haven’t had the chance to read all the e-mail
threads and I am not familiar with the problems between HOT organization
and some of the OSM members in the past. My personal experience with HOT is
having a 24/7 support in the mapping coordination of the Mexico
earthquakes, of course always with the great help of non HOT members.
Probably it will be good to have the points/complaints/answers in a wiki so
people can judge with their own criteria what happened in the past and
learn from that experience to build a new present and future collaboration.

Now that we have Heather as new board member and Paul as a returning what I
can see is that Heather has the biggest weight on her shoulders, no one in
the history of the board will be as questioned as her, every step she takes
will be reviewed under the microscope so I am confident she will do a great
job. If that is not the case, the answer is very simple, we have a
democratic process and we can raise or hands for results and not vote in
future elections for candidates who didn’t achieve what they committed to,
either if that is Heather, Paul or any other candidate coming from the
board.

I wish success to the elected members,

@mapanauta

Saludos y gracias,