[Osmf-talk] Governance Working Group

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Dec 12 12:11:55 UTC 2017

Considering that there are more people, groups and not the least, money
involved in the OSMF than just a couple of years back, I believe we have
a bit of a backlog of governance related topics that is not going to get
smaller if we do nothing about it. I believe that it would be a good
idea  if the board created a time limited working group that tackles at
least some of the more urgent items, off the top of my head:

- COI policy

- Board term duration and potential overall limits

- Write down some of the unwritten rules that we have  (for example
board members should not be working group chairpersons)

- Funds dissemination (see my question to the candidates on the topic)

- Update the board rules of order
(http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Rules_of_Order) to reflect
current practice, for example 6.2 doesn't really reflect the way the
meetings are currently held

- Document the advisory boards existence and any rules, remits etc.

I would suggest that if at all possible the group should consist of
people currently not involved in OSMF "management" (aka board, AB and
working groups).

Simon