[Osmf-talk] Governance Working Group

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 13:07:42 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Thanks Simon for the proposal, it would be an efficient way to elaborate
from some of the topics discussed in the (relative) heat of the election
discussions in a more appeased forum, narrow our mutual understandings on
differences on those topics and ideally make progresses.
I'd be interested to contribute in these work items regardless of where
they'll be tackled in the OSMF.

Best,
Nicolas

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> Considering that there are more people, groups and not the least, money
> involved in the OSMF than just a couple of years back, I believe we have
> a bit of a backlog of governance related topics that is not going to get
> smaller if we do nothing about it. I believe that it would be a good
> idea  if the board created a time limited working group that tackles at
> least some of the more urgent items, off the top of my head:
>
> - COI policy
>
> - Board term duration and potential overall limits
>
> - Write down some of the unwritten rules that we have  (for example
> board members should not be working group chairpersons)
>
> - Funds dissemination (see my question to the candidates on the topic)
>
> - Update the board rules of order
> (http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Rules_of_Order) to reflect
> current practice, for example 6.2 doesn't really reflect the way the
> meetings are currently held
>
> - Document the advisory boards existence and any rules, remits etc.
>
> I would suggest that if at all possible the group should consist of
> people currently not involved in OSMF "management" (aka board, AB and
> working groups).
>
> Simon

Nicolas Chavent
Les Libres Géographes