[Osmf-talk] "a viper pit of racism and misogyny"

Eric Dose e at ericdose.com
Wed Dec 20 22:26:52 UTC 2017

"Not in the best of taste"? That person just expressly wished a painful death to
me, my loved ones, and to all US OSM mappers. And while a (true) statement like
"women can be sexist" is punishable at OSMF, apparently a wish for mass death is
protected.

Shame on OSMF. For some reason, I imagined that OSM was about mapping and
building a database. I imagined OSMF might be about leadership. Silly me. Now I
see they are mostly about protecting violent speech that one likes, while
punishing speech that one doesn't. I'm very sorry I recently spent ~150 hours of
my life in mapping. It was supposed to help people who have nothing, but now I
see that first-world navel-gazing is more important than saving lives here, and
my efforts are destined to go down a hole.

I'm done here.