[Osmf-talk] Board term limits and term lengths

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Nov 10 16:33:38 UTC 2017

On Friday 10 November 2017, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> Nobody on the board has made it a priority to work on this for as
> long as I have been on the board.
> For me, it is clearly not a priority. I would support fixed term
> lengths. I don't think that forced term limits would bring us much,
> and I don't necessarily agree with the observation that incumbents
> have an advantage. Martijn

Thanks for the clarification.

This matches what Frederik said in his manifesto from last year:

"When we discussed term limits for board members a while ago, I argued
in favour of them, and a majority of members did, too - just not so big
a majority that we changed the AoA."

It is clear now that the ball is turned back to the members - if they
want term limits implemented they have to take the initiative again on
the matter.

Technical question: Am i right that changing the AoA requires a 3/4
majority of the members no matter if initiated by the board or by the
members?

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/