[Osmf-talk] Directed Editing Policy

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 10:58:20 UTC 2017

>> However, I am bit concerned about the policy not differentiating
>> enough between paid and voluntary mapping groups. I think, the OSM
>> community needs especially the latter to nurture a steady flow of new
>> crazy, uber or epic mappers.
>
> I would like to point to a comment i made on the talk ML yesterday
> explaining that showing how to map and explaining how OSM works to
> newcomers is quite clearly not covered by the policy

It may be clear to you, but not to me (as I indicated in my own
previous email), nor it seems to Tim as well. If you need to "explain"
that something is clear, is it clear?

I think the DWG has already got a strong enough signal that this is
something that can be made clearer to the reader. I just want to
emphasise that a legalistic reading of the document ("Both the what
and how are necessary conditions here") is fine, but it doesn't quite
capture the impression that a typical reader may receive.

Best
Dan