[Osmf-talk] Candidacy: OSMF Board

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 14:11:39 UTC 2017

> On Thursday 23 November 2017, Pete Masters wrote:
>>
>> My point is that the language Sev uses is disrespectful, personal and
>> hurtful. That's not ok in my book.... Firstly, for Heather - no-one
>> should have to read that. And secondly, because this hostility
>> *discourages* debate and divides community.
>
> Just to be clear on that - the writing of Severin would almost certainly
> be considered to be covered by free speech laws - even in Germany for
> example which is much more restrictive in that matter than for example
> the US.

Referring to free speech laws is irrelevant. No-one is claiming
illegality. Such laws provide a baseline, and permit many things which
should nevertheless be spoken out against.

Pete's response puts it well - thanks!

Challenging candidates is fine. But Severin's email is offensive in
various ways. Severin, you have failed to get many of us on your side.

Best
Dan