[Osmf-talk] Learning or testing or practicing data Layer

Erwin Olario govvin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 05:00:06 UTC 2017

In outreach programs I lead, the iD training sessions take advantage of the
iD preview with a browser on incognito mode, which doesn't require an
account to start editing live data until you decide to save it - which we
avoid by having the guided account registration process after the training
and practice sessions.

E.g.
http://preview.ideditor.com/master/#background=DigitalGlobe-Premium&map=15.20/14.6013/121.0380

By the time JOSM is introduced, they already would have basic editing
skills, and a concrete understanding of how OSM works, and the sandbox is
unnecessary.

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017, 20:37 ajithkarunaratne <ajithkarunaratne at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> This is my fisrt writing to the forum. Perhaps I don't know whether this
> is the right place or right time for my suggestion. So, excuse me for that
> and my language too.
>
> I have been evolved from the community and I am not belong to any
> organized group or my job is not related to the mapping either. My OSM UID
> is "ajithkarunaratne". I have just paased the 1 million node count
> threshold recently and have participated in 3  Mapathons and 1 knowledge
> sharing session with HOT Osm people as resource person. Further more, I
> always try to spread the message of OSM to the new people at my work place
> and among friends too.
>
> Having some experiences in early stage of my own learning curve and
> problems arised at Mapathons with newbies, I strongly feel the necessity of
> an additional  Learning/Testing/Practing layer where data is not stored for
> a long time and supported with an ideal satellite image portion.
>
> If you all feel this is a stupid idea, just forget it and excuse me. Thanks
>
> Cheers
>
> Ajith Karunaratne
> from Sri Lanka

/Erwin Olario