[Osmf-talk] Paying Board/WG was: Standing for board election

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Nov 27 08:43:20 UTC 2017

Am 27.11.2017 um 08:32 schrieb Michelle Taylor:
> I have noticed something the site has had trouble loading every tile
> correctly on occasion lately, which is relevant to me (and affected my
> enthusiastic recommendation of the map to friends, as they were a bit
> put off by that happening). It seems to have resolved itself now
> though. I wasn't sure where the correct place to report this kind of
> thing is - but I haven't looked extensively at the wiki.

Hi Michelle and welcome to OSM(F).

You may have been seeing some overload to the map style being updated,
that tends to cause some load peaks on the servers that produce the
images that you see in the end as the online map.

Happy mapping

Simon

PS: on-topic: the fact that there is no easy way to display current news
on openstreetmap.org, for example that the style has been updated and
that there may be some minor issues, continues to be one of my pet
peeves that the OSMF could actually spend some money on (such a feature
was part of the plan when the site was redesigned a couple of years
back, but got dropped for unknown reasons).