[Osmf-talk] Gender in OSM/OSMF

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 13:28:43 UTC 2017

One would hope that we welcome all no matter what gender they declare
themselves as or if they declare themselves at all.

Having people declare their gender means leaving them open to "trolls" and
many feel safer not doing so.

>From my work validating and giving feedback its apparent that you cannot
assume the gender from the user name and I know of a number of people that
would rather be judged by their contributions than by their gender.

Cheerio John