[Osmf-talk] Balancing the presence of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team at the OSM Foundation in 2017

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Nov 29 23:32:05 UTC 2017

Am 29.11.2017 um 21:57 schrieb Dale Kunce:

> Lots of people here have expressed an interest in having geographic
> diversity on the board. Maybe this is cart before the horse. I'm
> curious what the metrics are behind the actual membership is made up
> of. I know that we don't have demographic data for OSMF members but do
> we have at least a country or regional breakdown. Maybe the first step
> is to start actively recruiting more OSMF members in under represented
> areas.

Just so that words don't get put in my mouth: I was referring to "our
overall community" not the OSMF membership which may, or may not show a
similar distribution as actual mappers (we simple don't know). Depending
on ones stance, that  may or may not be desirable.

Simon

PS:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/f/fa/Continental_distribution_2016.png