[Osmf-talk] DWG survey on organized editing

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Oct 18 11:11:40 UTC 2017

Am 18.10.2017 um 12:19 schrieb Joseph Reeves:

> Which, sadly, I think, explains a lot of what you've highlighted: It
> was never going to be representative. Simon was wrong, however: There
> was no higher participation from people associated with paid mapping
> (15% of respondents), or people doing organised mapping (26%). This
> vast majority of participants in this survey did not partake in
> organised mapping: It's their unrepresentative sentiment we see.
Nope. The continental imbalance in the relative proportions between
paid/organised contributors in the US vs Europe is very likely do to
exactly organised mappers being more motivated to respond, or do you
really believe that every third mapper in the US is employed by one of
the relevant companies? Extrapolated to our active contributor base in
the States that would be multiple 1000's of employees.

SImon