[Osmf-talk] Membership Fee Waiver Program

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Sep 23 12:54:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 23.09.2017 14:46, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:
> I think it is a good idea to include the number of changesets into the
> equation.

*If* one wants to look at edit activity (which is already difficult
because one would have to implement OAuth in the signup form to ensure
the person actually is the owner of the OSM account they claim to use)
then I think we should only say "someone what has shown a dedication to
improving OSM through their edits" or something like that, and leave
details to MWG's discretion, because otherwise things can easily be
played. As you know, some people make 2 edits per changeset and others
2000. Some people make few but very valuable edits that took a lot of on
the ground research, others make a thousand edits by importing a shape
file. You don't want to reject one and accept the other.

Bye
Frederik