[Osmf-talk] Membership Fee Waiver Program

Craig Allan allan at iafrica.com
Sat Sep 23 20:56:41 UTC 2017

Hello All

I support the introduction of fee waiver.
I support that we start by waiving fees for prospective members who for
whatever reason are unable to use the current payment channels.
I support that the applicant must demonstrate some commitment to the
project, but assessment of this will be totally at the discretion of the
staff.
I support that the granting of a waiver be confidential and that a
recipient of a waiver be regarded as a paid-up member..

I do not support that fees should be voluntary - I suspect the legal
structure of the company is more clear if membership fees are required.
I suggest that offering waivers for any other reason be held over until
the above criteria and process are tested.
I suggest that a fee waiver requires approval by two people appointed by
the board.
I agree that fee waivers should be capped per year - 10% is reasonable.
I propose that aggregated annual statistics on waivers, both granted and
refused, be reported to the board and membership.

GCA