[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] Candidate's views? Re: Board decision on Crimea complaint

Manfred A. Reiter ma.reiter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:24:47 UTC 2018


Rihards,

Am Di., 11. Dez. 2018 um 15:21 Uhr schrieb Rihards <richlv at nakts.net>:

> On 11.12.18 15:10, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 December 2018, Vladimir Agafonkin wrote:
> >> Pretending
> >> OSM is out of politics when solving an inherently political issuI
> >> does not help, because then you take a political side implicitly
>

[...]


> Christoph, you have been on the receiving end, people suggesting you
> should be disqualified from discussion because of your aggressive
> comments. I disagreed with those people, and I disagree with your attack
> about being "disqualified" in this case.
>

--- English automatic translation - see below ---
Mein Englisch ist nicht gut genug, um mich mit Muttersprachlern auseinander
zu setzen, deshalb füge ich eine automatische Übersetzung bei. Für
Streitfälle zu meinem Beitrag gilt die deutsche Version.

Soweit ich OSM - im Gegensatz zu in OSM tätigen Organisationen - verstanden
habe ist OSM eine inklusvie Community, nicht exklusiv.

Da es sich um ein weltweit tätige Community handelt, haben wir die
Besonderheiten in der Argumentation und der Klarheit von Aussagen zu
akzeptieren, auch wenn diese in anderen Kulturkreisen unüblich sind.
Alleine die Tatsache, dass jemand die Klarheit, die in Diskussionen in
seinem Kulturkreis üblich ist, auch in englischer Sprache formuliert, darf
nicht dazu genutzt werden, diese Person oder eine Personengruppe zu
reglementieren.

Die englische Sprache, die hier verwendet wird, darf nicht dazu verleiten,
kulturelle Unterschiede zu nivellieren. Genau so, wie jemand lernen muss
die verschlüsselte Kritik und unangebrachte Lobhudeleien die in manchen
Kulturkreisen üblich ist, zu akzeptieren und zu verstehen sollten Menschen
aus solchen Kulturkreis akzeptieren, dass nicht jede klar und deutlich
formulierte Aussage aus einem anderen Kulturkreis eine unangebrachte
Attacke ist.

In diesem Sinne hoffe ich, dass OSM eine inklusive Veranstaltung bleibt,
mit dem gegenseitigen Respekt vor unterschiedlichen Kommunikationstilen,
die nicht durch die Verwendung einer gemeinsamen Sprache vorbestimmt wird.

--- Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator ---
My English is not good enough to deal with native speakers, so I include an
automatic translation. For disputes about my contribution, the German
version applies.

As far as I have understood OSM - in contrast to organizations working in
OSM - OSM is an inclusive community, not exclusive.

Since it is a worldwide community, we have to accept the particularities of
argumentation and clarity of statements, even if they are unusual in other
cultures. The mere fact that someone formulates the clarity that is
customary in discussions in their culture in English should not be used to
regulate this person or a group of people.

The English language used here must not be used to level cultural
differences. Just as one has to learn to accept and understand the coded
criticism and inappropriate praise that is common in some cultures, so
should people from cultures where not every clearly formulated statement
from another culture is an inappropriate attack.

In this sense, I hope that OSM will remain an inclusive event, with mutual
respect for different styles of communication, not predetermined by the use
of a common language.

-- 
## Manfred Reiter - -
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/attachments/20181211/e5cba6b2/attachment.html>


More information about the osmf-talk mailing list