[Osmf-talk] 2018 a third episode of entryism by HOT US Inc at OSMF Board after 2015 and 2017: call 4 action (candidates/members) for a balanced OSMF Board

Paul Norman paul.norman at osmfoundation.org
Wed Dec 12 21:15:19 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-12 12:51 p.m., Tobias Knerr wrote:
> On 12.12.2018 00:53, nicolas chavent wrote:
>> Tobias Knerr proposed in his manifesto to "Limit board members from
>> the same org to 1 seat", since this manifesto item has not yet been
>> picked up in the Questions/Answers section of the Board Elections wiki
>> nor in the discussions, it would be great to hear about it from the
>> other candidates and members.
> Thanks for your support! I would also be interested in the opinions of
> other candidates about this idea, as improving the representation of
> unaffiliated volunteers on the board is an issue I strongly care about,
> and I believe my proposed change could be an important step in that
> direction.

I support not having more than one board member from the same
organization. It's probably not practical to make this an AoA requirement.

As someone who has a professional connection to OSM, I'd go farther and
say that most board members shouldn't have any professional connection
to OSM. We're a crowd-sourcing project, and most of the crowd isn't
doing this for a job.