[Osmf-talk] Humanitarian work (was: 2018 a third episode...)

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Sat Dec 15 13:17:19 UTC 2018

On Saturday 15 December 2018, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Perhaps this should change! Why don't we accept the fact that HOT is
> only one of many groups doing humanitarian work, and embrace the
> topic ourselves. Let us create a "humanitarian working group" of the
> OSMF which is then our go-to group for anything humanitarian, and
> this working group can then either have small projects of their own,
> or advise third parties, or interface with HOT and other groups where
> necessary. If it works well, then this group could also provide
> advice and coordination for humanitarian mapping projects in general.

That would only work if it is ensured that HOT (or any other single
organized interest group) does not dominate the working group -
neither in terms of personell nor in terms of work culture.  I have my
doubts this is feasible - but if it is that would be great.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/