[Osmf-talk] Conflict of interest (was: Remarks and question regarding board meeting minutes and circulars)

Steven Johnson sejohnson8 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:07:58 UTC 2018

> conflicts of interest are natural, to declare them when they arise, and
to deal
with them when necessary

Well said!

The standards organizations and industrial consortia I've participated in (e.g.
ISO, ANSII, OGC) routinely call for members to declare any material
interest or patents prior to voting or other official actions. OSMF could
adopt a similar mechanism to identify & acknowledge inherent conflicts of
interest.

-- SEJ
-- twitter: @geomantic
-- skype: sejohnson8

Wretches, utter wretches, keep your hands from beans! - Empedocles, *Fragments,
141.*