[Osmf-talk] OSMF board face to face meeting (F2F) facilitation.

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Dec 21 12:35:32 UTC 2018

On Friday 21 December 2018, Rihards wrote:
> >> [...] Concerning cultural diversity, I have
> >> experienced Gunner's facilitation in some of the most diverse
> >> groups of people imaginable -- digital activists from every corner
> >> of the world.
> >
> > I am really not sure if you realize what you are saying with that
> > kind of statement.
>
> Christoph, please don't just go virtual *GASP* *SILENCE*.

I am sorry, yes, this was a bit snotty of me.

The statement cited to me communicates two things:

* that Mikel equates his ability of imagination whith what is
objectively imaginable.
* that Mikel considers his peer group (digital activists from every
corner of the world) as being a representation of the full diversity of
human culture.

What i am not sure about is if that is a deliberate and conscious
statement to convice the reader that he and Gunner are really familiar
with the full range of cultural diversity we have on Earth or if he is
just unaware that what is imaginable for him is just a small window in
the full range of cultural views and values we have - among people in
general and in the OSM community in particular.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/